Flat Fee MLS listings are similar to traditional real estate listings with one exception; they are Non-Exclusive Right to Sell listings. This means Bryan Realty of East Tennessee is technically the listing agency BUT the seller has the right to advertise and sell the property as well. It also means that Bryan Realty is only a facilitator in any potential purchase transaction unless specified in writing otherwise.
- Seller chooses a listing package
- Seller signs all listing documents and submits to Bryan Realty
- Seller makes payment by either Credit Card or Check (14 day hold on checks) All major credit cards accepted
- Once payment has been accepted and processed the listing is added to the MLS
- Receipt/confirmation is emailed to seller
- Seller emails digital photos of property for MLS
- A yard sign is ordered for the property with Seller’s contact information on it. Sign will be shipped directly to the seller. (Could take up to 10 days for shipping)
- Listings are syndicated through the MLS onto hundreds of real estate websites
Other services such as Virtual Video Tours, etc are optional services that may be added to any package for an additional fee.
Yard signs have seller’s contact number and listing MLS # along with the agency’s name and number as mandated by the Tennessee Real Estate Commission. All phone calls, emails or text inquiries are immediately forwarded to the seller for follow up. Timely Follow up is the complete responsibility of the seller.
*****(B) Upon waiver of any of the duties in subdivision (3)(A), a consumer shall be advised in writing by the consumer’s agent that the consumer may not expect or seek assistance from any other licensees in the transaction for the performance of the duties in subdivision (3)(A).*****
TN Code 62-13-404
62-13-404. Duty owed to licensee’s client.
Any licensee who acts as an agent in a transaction regulated by this chapter owes to the licensee’s client in that transaction the following duties, to:
(1) Obey all lawful instructions of the client when the instructions are within the scope of the agency agreement between licensee and licensee’s client;
(2) Be loyal to the interests of the client. A licensee must place the interests of the client before all others in negotiation of a transaction and in other activities, except where the loyalty duty would violate licensee’s duties to a customer under § 62-13-402 or a licensee’s duties to another client in a dual agency; and
(3) (A) Unless the following duties are specifically and individually waived, in writing by a client, a licensee shall assist the client by:
(i) Scheduling all property showings on behalf of the client;
(ii) Receiving all offers and counter offers and forwarding them promptly to the client;
(iii) Answering any questions that the client may have in negotiation of a successful purchase agreement within the scope of the licensee’s expertise; and
(iv) Advising the client as to whatever forms, procedures and steps are needed after execution of the purchase agreement for a successful closing of the transaction.